CDT - Children's Dance Theatre of Fairhope Productions:
The BEST Choice for Your Classroom
* Productions are literature based and come with a Teacherís Study Guide that align with the Alabama Course of Study (COS)
* Students are exposed to multiple styles of dance (ballet, jazz, modern, hip hop, aerial) and theatrical arts in an original production with unique special effects, elements and humor.
* Students who cannot pay will be allowed to attend. No child is to stay at the school and miss the performance if the parent can't pay. (Please, donít abuse.)
* Audience size is limited to 600 even though the auditorium will hold 900-plus. This allows for student visibility.
* Seat risers are brought in for audiences over 500.
* Classes are seated by grade with the youngest in the front and the older farther back in the auditorium.
* Teachers and Chaperones attend free. Parents without a school ID Tag must pay to get in and are not guaranteed a seat with their child's class.
* A short, funny improvisational puppet pre-show is performed while students wait for show to start.
* Art Contest with a $25.00 gift certificate to Page & Palette Bookstore. One winner each grade Pre-K thru 6th.
See what teachers are saying about CDT's Productions-
•Teach learners to be more tolerant and open.
•Allow learners to express themselves creatively.
•Promote individuality, bolster self-confidence, and improve overall academic performance.
•Help troubled youth, providing an alternative to delinquent behavior and truancy while providing an improved attitude towards school.
•Help all students develop more appreciation and understanding of the world around them.
•Help students develop a sense of craftsmanship, quality task performance, and goal-setting-skills needed to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
•Strengthens student problem-solving and critical thinking skills, adding to overall academic achievement and school success.
•Help students develop a positive work ethic and pride in a job well done.
Why the Arts at CDT?